Theses funky brownies bring just the right amount of heat and the right amount of medication. A perfect treat your all your brownie needs.
It was almost inconceivable not to have a brownie as the first recipe on this vegan edible blog. Brownies are like the mascot for all edibles. But since it’s been done and redone, I wanted to change think a little by adding some spices.
Tips & Tricks
This recipe has a very high potency potential, which means that this brownie contains a lot of oil. I like to simply calculate the amount of medicated oil I want to use and then complete with regular oil. If you want more moderately potent brownies, you can also cut smaller portions.
If heat is not your thing, simply remove the chipotle powder. You can always replace it with cinnamon too. I like to use Maldon sea salt to sprinkle over. When I feel extra fancy, I sometimes even use their smoked flaked sea salt
Always label clearly your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and don’t eat more than you can handle.
It’s not a race. Take it slowly
Chipotle and sea salt brownies
- 270 g (1 3/4) unbleached flour
- 110 g (1 1/5 cup) cacao powder
- 7 g (1 tsp) fine salt
- 6 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- 2 g to 4 g ( 1/2 to 1 tsp) chipotle powder
- 100 g (1/2 cup) chocolate chips optional
- flaked sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 F
- Mix together all the oil, sugars and vanilla and together. Add the flax egg replacement and mix together.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and whisk until well incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Pour the batter into a 12 by 16 inch baking ban and cook for 25 minutes.
- To make a sober version, simply replace the infused oil with regular oil.
- Type of infused oil : coconut or vegetable oil
Would you like something a bit healthier?
You should try our nutrient-packed green smoothie!