This curried sweet potato soup is perfect to warm your soul. Full of flavourful spices, this sweet potato soup is far from boring!
Sweet potato soup for the win
(Can you see that I’m in full Hygge mode?)
What I like about this sweet potato soup is that it can be used to make other dishes. It’s a multi-purpose soup! I bet you can’t say that about the traditional chik’n and noodle.
- Add red lentils, fresh cilantro, and more broth to the soup and cook until soft to make dhal.
- Mix halved cherry tomatoes and kale in this curried sweet potato soup and use as a pasta sauce.
- Add to any risotto for a burst of
flavourand added creaminess.
You should also try my cream of zucchini soup.
Garam masala is a blend of ground spices from India. While there are variations depending on the region and the chef that makes the spice blend, garam masala is usually made with coriander, cumin, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
If you want to you can make your own spice blend, but I much prefer to buy mine at the grocery store for convenience. You can find it in most grocery store chains, Indian grocery stores or even in some health food stores.
Did you try this recipe?
Vegan Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- 200 g (1 med) yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 13 g ( 1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 10 g (2 tbsp) garam masala
- 1 kg (3 medium) sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 L vegetable broth
- 400 ml ( 1 can) coconut milk
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste Canna-oil
- In a stock pot, sweat the onion and garlic in the oil until soft and transparent.
- Add the garam masala and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes and broth to the pot and cook until soft, about 45 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk & blend until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Serve in a bowl and individually dose with the cannabis-infused oil.Enjoy!
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.
Sensitivity to changes in oil: no
Type of oil: vegetable oil and coconut can be used
Dosing method: individually dosed
Sober version: remove the oil or replace with any infused oil ( I recommend lemon infused olive oil)
Taste: light, the spices hide most of the cannabis taste.
Strength potential: high, add as little or as much oil as needed