Nutty and chocolaty cannabis cookies – these sweet treats are sinfully soft and definitely delicious. It is hard to stop after only one of these perfectly golden vegan edibles.
How to make the best vegan cannabis cookies
Weed cookies are, and always will be, a classic weed edible.
If you need proof, think about all your friends who know someone, who knows someone, who’s had a wild story after trying a cannabis-infused cookie.
If you are making this for the first time, you will want to do a lower dosage of THC per cookies because you will definitely end up wanting to eat more than one……and you don’t want to end up being the one with the crazy story.
I recommend starting low and slow if this is your first time experimenting with cannabis edibles. Start with 10mg of THC per portion of cookies, and if you have a sweet tooth, make one portion equal 2 cookies.
RELATED: Edibles 101: Complete Beginners Guide to Everything Edibles
Ridiculously easy cannabis cookies
These vegan cannabis cookies are sooooo easy to make. You only need one bowl to whip up a batch of these babies!
Fewer dirty dishes are always a win.
You can also make this recipe 100% by hand. No need for a hand mixer or such, since there is no butter and sugar to cream together.
One of my non-culinarily gifted friends helped me out making a batch of these tahini chocolate chip weed cookies and he was surprised at how easy they were to make and how little time they took to make.
Chocolate chip aficionado?
You should try my pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
Where do I find cannabis-oil?
Now, most cookie recipes are butter based. This is a pain since making vegan cannabis-infused butter is a pain. This is why this recipe is oil-based.
If making your own oil is of no interest to you, there is a good chance you could find some marijuana-infused MCT oil or other types of THC-infused oil at your local dispensary.
Read carefully the potency on the bottle you purchase, only use what you need and then complete with regular vegetable oil.
The secret ingredient – Tahini
The nuttiness of tahini, also known as sesame butter, is perfect when paired with the taste of cannabis.
But if you do not like the flavor of tahini, if you are allergic, or if you simply don’t want to have to do an extra trip to the grocery store to get a special ingredient you will never use again, you can replace it with natural almond or peanut butter.
The kind that often ends up being oily and too liquidy because you are too lazy to stir it up properly.
Oops, guilty as charged
Cannabis-cookie game changer
For an extremely gooey and meltable chocolate experience, use chocolate wafers or roughly chopped-up chocolate chunks in your cannabis cookie dough. You are guaranteed a finger-licking good experience.
And for a cookie that is simply out of this world, sprinkle some flaked sea salt on the top of your raw cookies before stuffing them in your oven. It will bring a nice balance to your canna-cookies that you won’t find anywhere else.
I like to use Maldon salt or fleur de sel, or smoked sea salt when I feel extra special.
Vegan Tahini and Chocolate Chip Weed Cookies
- 100g (1/2 cup) mix of vegetable oil and cannabis-infused oil , depending on your potency preference
- 75g (1/3 cup) tahini , well mixed
- 60 (1/4 cup) water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g (1 cup) light brown sugar , packed
- 200g (1 ½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 180g (1 cup) chocolate chips or chocolate wafers
- Flaked sea salt
- Preheat your oven at 350F or 189C
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients at once and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and divide the dough into 18 equal balls.
- Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with the flaked sea salt. I like to place one small ice cream scoop of dough on the baking tray, and then top it off with an extra 1/2 small scoop, for a perfectly thick cookie.
- Sprinkle the flaked sea salt over each raw cookie dough balls.
- Cook in the middle of your oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edge becomes slightly brown. Do not overcook.
- This recipe makes 18 large cookies. Use 1 + 1/2 small ice cream scoop for portioning the cookies dough.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for long term storage.
Sensitivity to changes in oil: yes
Type of oil or infusion: Vegetable oil
Dosing method: batch
This is my personal perception when made at a potency of around 15mg per cookies.
Sober version: replace the oil with regular uninfused vegetable oil.ik
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.