This creamy vegan egg salad is the perfect savory cannabis-infused edible, when paired with crispy-crunchy lettuce and served in a slightly chewy bread.
The secret of perfectly textures vegan egg salad
Egg salad is a type of food that I never used to be in my pre-vegan days, but now I’m obsessed with it.
I’ve always found pre-vegan egg salad flavorless and just mushy. But not this recipe. This vegan egg salad is not only perfectly textured, but also very flavourful.
The secret to the perfect vegan egg salad texture is in the combination of crumbled tofu and half-mashed chickpeas.
But shhh, don’t tell anyone.
This works because the tofu provides the egg white mouthfeel and the chickpeas provide the slightly starchy and crumbly texture of the egg yolks.
You should also try my zucchini soup!
Perfectly eggless eggy taste
So, how can an egg salad be called so if it doesn’t taste like eggs?
Well, it’s easy! This recipe does taste like eggs. It’s because of the Kala Namak.
Kala Namak, also known as black salt is a sulfury salt that brings all the eggy flavor you have been waiting for. But be careful, a little goes a long way!
I hope you enjoy this perfectly textured and flavored eggless egg salad as much as I do!
Have a bit of a sweet tooth?
You should try my banana caramel french toast for extra special mornings!
You can also estimate the potency of your edibles by using my THC calculator.
Eggless Egg Salad
- 1 cup medium or firm tofu, ,crumbled
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1.4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 stalks celery small diced
- 2 green onions ,thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon finely zested
- kala namak salt to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turmeric for color
- Cannabis-infused oil to your preference
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- Romain lettuce leaves
- Roughly mash the chickpeas with a fork, so that it keeps some texture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning
- Add turmeric and stir until the mixture takes on an egg-like color
- Individually dose the mixture with cannabis oil, before serving with crispy lettuce between 2 slices of your favorite bread.
Sensitivity to changes in oil: no
Type of oil or infusion: Vegetable oil,
Dosing method: Individual
This is my personal perception when made at a potency of around 15mg per sandwich.
Strength potential: high
Sober version: remove
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.