Learn how to make
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you should also try my peppermint hot chocolate on a stick !
The Best Caramel in The World
You might not know this about me, but I love caramel.
And yes I really mean love.
I love it so much, that at work we sometimes joke that my veins are filled with sticky sweet caramel.
Another thing you might not know about me is that I lived for 3 months in a region with the best caramel in the world, Brittany.
Britany is a region of France that is known for its buckwheat crêpes, cider and caramel. So basically paradise on earth. I spent 3 months there perfecting my pastry skills and enjoying the view. This means making hundreds of caramel tarts and going through ridiculous amounts of thick and luscious caramel every day. So I might have learned a thing or two about caramel.
The Secret Ingredient
First, the ( not so ) secret ingredient to Britany’s caramel is the addition of sea salt. Sea salt
No Need for a Thermometer
Second, caramel is annoying to make if you don’t have a thermometer. While I recommend everyone get a digital thermometer for their kitchen,
This is why I created a thermometer-free caramel sauce that is easy to make and taste like my
I do have to give a big thank you to Alexey, my work husband, who came up with the first version of this caramel sauce.
Easy Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 10 g ( 1 tbsp ) cornstarch
- 125 g ( 1/2 cup ) light brown sugar
- 125 g ( 1/2 cup ) canna-milk
- 85 g ( 1/4 cup ) maple syrup
- 2 g ( 1/2 tsp ) fleur de sel or other sea salt
- 40 g ( 3 tbsp ) margarine
- Whisk together the cornstarch and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil, on medium heat, while whisking
- Add the salt and margarine and mix until homogenous.Enjoy
- Sensitivity to
changes :do not change the quantity of cana-milk, but you can add some infused oil.
- Type of oil or infusion: Canna-milk, but infused Vegetable oil and coconut
oil canalso be used.
- Dosing method: batch
- Taste: light
- Sober version: replace the canna-milk with regular plant based milk like soy.
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.