Cannabis-infused peppermint hot chocolates on a stick are the perfect single size edible. Simply stir in boiling plant-based milk and let it do its magic.
Peppermint Extract VS Flavour
Well, most extracts are alcohol based while
( AKA, I ruined a batch like that because it seized in less than 2 minutes.
This is why it is super important to use a peppermint
Theses peppermint hot chocolates are based on my classic hot chocolate on a stick.
It’s not a race. Take it slowly
I like to write on the stick itself the flavor of theses hot chocolates, and on the other side the individual potency so that if the hot chocolate gets taken out of their boxes, you still know how strong they are. I highly recommend you do the same.
Also, it is very important that you inform anyone you give theses to that they contain cannabis and what is their potency. If the person is not experienced with edibles, it would be also nice to give them a small edible 101.
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.
Are you a chocolate lover?
You should try our chipotle and sea salt Brownies!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate on a Stick
- 1/4 cup of crushed up candy canes
- 15 popsicle sticks
- Melt completly the chocolate and the canna-oil together over a double boiler.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and peppermint flavour to the melted chocolate and mix together with a spatula. The mixture will be thick
- Put the hot chocolate paste in a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off and pipe into your molds.
- Stick the popsicle sticks in the hot chocolates and garnish with the crushed up candy canes.
- Let it cool in the fridge until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the mold and store in a container until ready to use.
This recipe is somewhat sensitive to changes in oil, which means that the quantity of oil can be slightly increased but it should not be d
Both vegetable oil (canola, corn, grapeseed) and coconut oil can be used in this recipe without a difference.
Sober version ?
If you want to make a sober version of theses hot chocolate on a stick, simply replace the infused oil with regular oil. I do not recommend removing the oil altogether, because the mixture is already very thick, so removing it would make it even thicker.