Perfectly moist with a soft crumb and flavourful chocolate chips and spices, theses vegan pumpkin muffins will make a lot of happy campers.
Glorious Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
The leaves are changing colors, the air is crisp. We are definitely in the peak of pumpkin season.
It’s the time of the year where I don’t have to feel guilty for eating everything pumpkin related I can reach. And I mean everything.
At least I don’t have to feel too guilty since pumpkin is a vegetable.
( or is it a fruit? Who knows.)
Are you a fan of comforting baked goods?
You should try my Canna-Banana Nut Bread.
Fall Season Cannabis Classics
While pumpkin bread and pie are a tradition during this fall season, this recipe for pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips is another classic of mine.
I have actually been sitting on this recipe since my high school years and knew it was fantastic, but I never got around to veganize it until now.
Not to toot my own horn but I think theses pumpkin muffins are even better now. Maybe it’s because of the addition of cannabis-infused oil, or the added chocolate chips.
But these pumpkin perfections are flawlessly plump and only require 1 bowl to make them, so less dishes!
( I told you these muffins would make some happy campers.)
You should try my curried sweet potato soup.
You can also estimate the potency of your edibles by using my THC calculator.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup (75g) Mix of vegetable oil and cannabis-infused oil, depending of your potency preferance
- 1/2 cup (115g) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) plant-based milk, I like soy milk
- 1-14 oz can (398 ml) 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (140g) (140chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven at 350F (or 175C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the oils, sugars, milk and vanilla together.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix.
- Add all the dry ingredients,except the chocolate chips, and mix until the mixture in homogenous.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 linned muffin tins, filling all the way full for plump muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or untill a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin.
- I like to dose my edibles at 10mg of THC per muffins.
- Theses muffins makes 12 large muffins or 14 regular sized muffins. Use a regular ice cream scoop for the regular sized muffins.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 to 4 days, or in the freezer for long term storage.
Sensitivity to changes in oil: yes
Type of oil or infusion: Vegetable oil
Dosing method: batch, individual
This is my personal perception when made at a potency of around 10mg of THC per muffin.
Strength potential: Low to medium
Sober version: Replace the cannabis oil by regular uninfused vegetable oil.
Always clearly label your edibles, keep them out of reach of children and pets, and don’t eat more than you can handle.